April 25, 2011

6/52

A fan of what has be dubiously dubbed the 'West London folk scene' by a number of journalists, I took a little longer than most - approximately a year and 3 months - to listen to Sigh No More by folky, accordion-playing, delightfully handsome, Mumford and Sons, despite having one of their earlier singles being mailed to me by their PR agency the same month as the album's release (a result of my position in local student radio at the time). I'm not ashamed of the fact I didn't get into the album sooner, and while yes I suppose I now am one of the 'hangers on' to the earlier fans, I don't care. The album is beautifully written and hence deserved it's #2 spot in the UK chart and Mercury Prize nomination. 

There are about four or five tracks which I would potentially post - and might do across the remaining weeks of the year's experiment - however I think the title track is a good start. 

6/52
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More 


 

"Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free"

No comments:

Post a Comment