April 18, 2011

4/52 and 5/52

So, my recent vacation was not just a holiday from my dissertation, but also from everything else it seems. So without further ado: 

Moon River is a song that I can listen to in any form. I've only sat through Breakfast at Tiffany's once in its entirety, but it's a song that has accumulated a lot of listens on my last.fm profile. I think one of my favourite versions is by Barbra Streisand, but for tradition's sake - here is the clip from the film. A clip I find no fault in whatsoever. 

4/52
Audrey Hepburn - Moon River

 

While walking around Boston on my recent vacation there were a couple of songs that would not leave my head and my friend Katie and I decided to sing and remix multiple times.One of these was the theme from the late television series Gilmore Girls. So to do the song justice I've posted a Carole King version (she's adjusted the lyrics somewhat), not any sort of home recording of us butchering a classic.*

5/52
Carole King - Where You Lead




*Although, it really was something special

No comments:

Post a Comment