March 20, 2011

Rosie + Blog = Incompatible Surely?


What what? Yes, I have decided that after years of reading numerous blogs I have thought to have a go myself. Like the title suggests I expect my musings on life will probably be infrequent. But hopefully they will be about some interesting and possibly insightful topics. I have set in motion a number of projects that should hopefully build up the number of posts over time. I am after all starting this at possibly the most inconvenient period of my life – writing a dissertation and then graduating from university in July – but hopefully it should push me in the direction I would like to go in, plus give me something to do when I’m not writing about the Hungarian Revolution and refugees... or whatever it is my dissertation is actually on. 

I have patience for things, but have never had the perseverance to continue anything. I cannot even count the number of journals I have attempted to start over the last ten years. There are half written notebooks just packed up in boxes in my garage. It’s a bit pathetic really, and I imagine the content of said notebooks is probably worse. It would seem that while the important projects in my life are always completed, the little things that we do for ourselves – journaling, writing down recipes, making photo albums – the things I would love to remember to do – just get put to the side. This is except for the rubber band ball that I started 4 months ago – which is still collecting. I consider this a small win. 

 I am way too proud of this - if anyone has any spare rubber bands lying about you know where to send them

So hopefully this will work. And if it doesn’t then I give everyone permission to say ‘I told you so’.

No comments:

Post a Comment