July 11, 2011

16/52 and 17/52

I've found that I'm a bit of a broken record, repeating apologies every week for having forgotten to post the previous week. I should probably stop playing Angry Birds and Cut the Rope on my commute and actually put some pen to paper or fingertips to touchscreen and write something. 

I thought that being a student you were always busy having to write essays and read articles. Work life is twice as busy and working from 10 till 18:30 everyday leaves very little time for anything else, this includes cooking real food, cleaning, and having a social life during the week. I've also officially said goodbye to napping in the middle of the week. 

Anyway, I digress. 

At work, when I'm not actually staring at spreadsheets and mobile app-related sites, I do get to spend free moments looking for music. For the last 16 weeks I've been able to compile these tracks onto Spotify, however tracks 16 and 17 are pretty special and can only (for the time being) be found on Youtube.

Both tracks are by a new band I've discovered called Young the Giant. Recently they've been getting good press as a 'one to watch' and I have been. Their eponymous album is a great summer listener and I suggest 'Every Little Thing' and '12 Fingers' as great tracks. However for the Mixtape I have chosen a Two Door Cinema Club remix of their single 'My Body'. Mixing the best of both bands, this is a really good blend of what each band does well.

16/52
Young the Giant - My Body (Two Door Cinema Club Remix) 



While I don't follow the hype that surrounds the voice that is Adele, I do think that 'Rolling in the Deep' is a tune and a half. I also think that this Young the Giant cover is something super special and one of the better covers of this song I have heard.

17/52
Young the Giant - Rolling in the Deep



No comments:

Post a Comment